Forfar Athletic 4 Dunfermline Athletic 0 (SPFL League One) 5th October 2013

Forfar Athletic     4     Dunfermline Athletic    0
McManus 2
Malcolm 14
Malin 73
Hilson 82

Rampant Forfar Athletic destroyed a Dunfermline side that failed to take chances when they had them with a 4-0 win to lift them off the bottom of the league.

Dick Campbell made four changes from the defeat to Arbroath the previous week with Neil McCabe, Marvin Andrews, Omar Kader and the suspended Gavin Swankie making way for Paul McManus, Gavin Malin, Gary Fusco and Stuart Malcolm.

McManus made an great start after just two minutes, latching onto a Templeman knockdown inside the box before slotting home past Ryan Scully.

Templeman almost doubled the lead a quarter of an hour into the game, a through ball sending him clear, Scully doing well to touch his effort wide. From the resulting corner Stuart Malcolm bulleted home his third of the season from 6 yards.

Dunfermline threatened to reduce the deficit, Andy Geggan heading past the post twice in quick succession before Ross Millen, Geggan, Stephen Husband and Shaun Byrne all saw efforts go off target.

McManus was unlucky not to grab a second in the 34th minute, a cross from Mark Baxter was cleared out to Gary Fusco and his header back into the box was knocked past the past by McManus.

A scramble in the Forfar penalty area ended in Robert Thomson hitting the side netting before the last kick of the first half saw Alex Whittle blast a 30 yard effort inches over the bar.

HALF TIME: Forfar Athletic 2 Dunfermline Athletic 0

The Pars started the second half off strongly with Byrne causing Darren Hill to look sharp with an effort from close range whilst Geggan had an excellent opportuinty at the back post but failed to connect with the ball and it went wide.

Very little happened in the half until the 73rd minute, Dale Hilson firing off a shot from 25 yards that cannoned off the crossbar into the path of Gavin Malin who gleefully slotted home from close range.

Gary Fusco blasted wide from just outside the box minutes before Forfar made it four, Chris Templeman turning Luke Johnston, his shot was palmed towards Hilson and he stabbed into the empty net.

Dunfermline’s Alan Smith fluffed his shot into Hill’s arms with seven minutes to go whilst Templeman almost made it five, flicking the ball over a defender before volleying inches over the bar.

Two minutes later he had his final chance of the game, dancing around the away defence but he curled his effort around the wrong side of the post.

Ramblings of a Loon’s Player of the MatchDale Hilson, was excellent all day and was unlucky not to score with the shot that led to the third goal.

Forfar Athletic: Darren Hill 7, Mark Baxter 6, Iain Campbell 7, Stuart Malcolm 8, Darren Dods 6, Gary Fusco 6, James Dale 7 (Liam Keillor 85, 4), Gavin Malin 7 (Ross Campbell 75, 4), Chris Templeman 8, Paul McManus 8 (Omar Kader 71, 5), Dale Hilson 9.

Subs not used: Marvin Andrews, Craig Smith, Rab Douglas (gk).


Dunfermline Athletic: Ryan Scully 4, Ross Millen 5, Alex Whittle 5, Luke Johnston 4, Callum Morris 6, Andy Geggan 6, Shaun Byrne 5 (Jordan Moore 80, 3), Stephen Husband 5 (Alan Smith 73, 4), Ryan Wallace 5, Josh Falkingham 4, Robert Thomson 5 (Ryan Thomson 63, 4).

Subs not used: Kerr Young, Ryan Ferguson, Faissal El Bakhatoui, Ryan Goodfellow (gk).

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s